This project is read-only.

Input needed : operations wish list

Aug 21, 2008 at 10:36 PM
What exists in version 0.1 :
  • Actions
  • clearText : suppresses all the content of a text area
  • setText : sends some content to a text area (the naming is bad, since it does not really SET the text, but sends keys to a text control - this will be changed in the next version)
  • buttonClick : simulates the click on a button
  • linkClick : same on a link (maybe I could group this with the preceding ?)
  • Verifications
    • checkText : verifies that a text control contains the right information
    • checkLabel : same thing but for a label control (same thing : does anybody think I should group with the preceding ?)
  • Management / Misc.
    • formSwicth : instructs the test engine that the current window has changed, and that it should refresh its hook on it
The grammar of the XML
  • Separate elements for the parameters of the scenario and the list of actions
  • Timeouts : perhaps we could get rid of it by coding a way to check that the window has appeared (checking processes at an interval ?)
  • Parameters for the test, or even arrays, would be nice
You turn !

As I said in the presentation, I need ideas : what would you like the next supported actions to be ? What do you need ? Does this version work on your application ?

Do you think it has a potentiel use ? On this particular point, please be blunt : I'd rather be upset for one day than working for days on a project that is going to be useless :-)

Thanks in advance for your remarks,

JP
Oct 28, 2010 at 11:07 AM

JP,

Still are you looking for inputs?

I would like to have few keywords to automate silverlight applications using MS UIA.

Thanks,

Palani.

Oct 28, 2010 at 9:49 PM

Hi, Palani

I have not been working on this project for quite some time now, but it is not abandoned. I use it for other projects as a test framework, but it just happens that I did not find any particular additional needs. So, if you have inputs for improvements, please tell. What in particular would you need to automate in Silverlight that there is not yet in the grammar ?

Cheers,

JP

Nov 2, 2010 at 7:19 AM

JP,

I couldn't get the documentation like, how to identify each control, what kind of different object information can be given. What are the different kind of applications can be automated and what are the limitations for UIAutoTestXML tool.

I would like to have following things:

1. Identifying and carrying actions on HTML objects in browsers like Internet Explorer and Firefox.

2. Similar to first point, would like to do Silverlight objects.

3. How can I handle popups like web dialogs and silverlight based dialogs?

4. How can I automate custom objects? For example, Combobox is custom object in my application. It contains one textbox, one  drop down symbol image and custom object to show items.

Thanks,

Palani

Nov 3, 2010 at 12:25 AM
Hi, Palani

I am afraid that the framework will not be powerful enough to accomplish what you want to do. I suggest you should check project White. It uses UIAutomation as well, but is more complete, and in particular as a support for Silverlight. The main difference being that you have to code, instead of simply putting up an XML file, but if this is a requirement for you, I am quite sure there is a way to create the linq. In fact, I am thinking that this could be a good orientation for UIAutoTestXML to linq to White, instead of putting efforts into doing things that are already done better by others.

Best regards, and please keep me informed about your findings,

JP

Le 02/11/2010 07:19, tmpalaniselvam a écrit :

JP,

I couldn't get the documentation like, how to identify each control, what kind of different object information can be given. What are the different kind of applications can be automated and what are the limitations for UIAutoTestXML tool.

I would like to have following things:

1. Identifying and carrying actions on HTML objects in browsers like Internet Explorer and Firefox.

2. Similar to first point, would like to do Silverlight objects.

3. How can I handle popups like web dialogs and silverlight based dialogs?

4. How can I automate custom objects? For example, Combobox is custom object in my application. It contains one textbox, one drop down symbol image and custom object to show items.

Thanks,

Palani

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (uiautotestxml@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email uiautotestxml@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com